Mongolia Street Connection Disccussion Groups
Start new subject you must be registered to join in the discussions.

Re: Our Class Fundraising Room 6, Henderson Primary School - March 25, 1999 at 1:01:15 p.m. (1 Reply)

Dear Enghblod ,
>>
>>Our class has been learning a lot about you and your friends and we have your photo up on the wall of our class . We have been amazed at how you have had to put up with the horrible conditions and we do not think its right . I am raising money to send to World Vision. Our class has an averege amount of $100 so far . We are glad that kind people like the Bryants are there to help all of you . I hope that you will be able to do well at school and help the other children to join the Lighthouse community .
>>I would like to come over to see you . This is not possible at the moment , but it is so good to write to you directly . Our class hopes you will be able to say something back
>>
>>Love from Angela
>
>Hullo Angela,
>Its Sue Bryan here. When Batsukh my interpreter relayed this message to Enkhbold he was speachless. Then he grinned this huge grin and shook his head. For a lot of these children who have so little knowledge of the world outthere it is hard for them to understand how children on the other side of the world who dont even know them want to help them. This a question we are often asked. So even though he couldnt think of a single thing to say I know he was very pleased to see that he had a personal letter to him from your school. I wil try and get a message from him over the next few days when he's had time to digest this whole business!!
>thank you all anyway for what you are doing for our Centre.
>God Bless you.
>Sue
>Love Sue.

Dear Kids at the Lighthouse,
We wanted to do something extra for you as well as some of us doing the Famine. We made a lot of fruit drinks and brought cakes and biscuits from home. We set up a stall and sold these at lunchtime. We made $46.35 which we are sending to World Vision along with the Famine money. Love from Room 6.

Reply to this message

Replies

Re: Our Class Fundraising - Lighthouse children, Lighthouse - March 30, 1999 at 7:24:56 a.m.

Back to Discussion Subject List

Information | Question Form | Answer Page | Discussion Groups
Teachers Feedback
| Students feedback